Contact: Jillian Dickson
Name of School/Organization: Woodinville Montessori School
School Website: www.woodinvillemontessori.org
Age Group: High School
Description: Woodinville Montessori School seeks a teacher with a passion to teach higher levels of Mathematics to high school aged students in a collaborative Montessori program. May also include the opportunity to develop an elective class in area of interest, collaborative work planning and leading field trips, and/or quarterly immersion activities. The ideal candidate is a detailed observer, creative thinker and collaborative team member with a strong interest in Montessori philosophy and a love of learning and students. Qualified individuals must have experience teaching high school math, have obtained some course work in child development, and demonstrate joy in working with students.
INTRODUCTION TO WMS
Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS. Woodinville Montessori School is accredited by AMS for students aged 18 months to 17 years, and approved by Washington State through 12th grade.
Founded in 1983, Woodinville Montessori School is a diverse community of lifelong learners dedicated to the optimal intellectual, emotional, social, physical, ethical and spiritual development of each child using Montessori and contemporary methods. Our community exists to nurture creative, conscientious and productive individuals committed to caring for themselves, one another and the environment in an ever-changing, global society.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to oversee the safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Enjoys working with high school age students
- Hold an undergraduate degree in math and/or graduate degree in education-related field.
- Possess a background and experience in a Montessori school
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of current research in human development and learning in support of the Montessori educational approach
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to record-keeping and details.
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills
COMPENSATION AND SCHEDULE
This is a part time, academic year salary exempt position. Compensation is dependent on education, training and experience.
- View the job description and additional instructions from our website, www.woodinvillemontessori.org
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application by mail or email.
Woodinville Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status in admission of otherwise qualified students, or in providing access to the rights, privileges, programs, or activities generally available to all students and their families, including educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school administered programs. Similarly, it does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Phone: (425) 482-3184
School Address: 19102 North Creek Parkway, Bothell, WA 98011